During this difficult time, taking care of each others is fundamental. For this reason, we have have taken the following measures:
1. We need your collaboration.
The following people are not allowed into a vehicle where a driving lesson is taking place:
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19
- People who are a close contact of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Anyone who has travelled out of the country within the last 14 days
- Anyone otherwise under order from public health to self-isolate.
Therefore, we may:
- Pre-screen students at the time of booking
- Remind students at the time of booking to reschedule if any of the above circumstances develop before the lesson
- Remind students at the time of the lesson
2. Before, during and after the lessons we will:
- At the start and end of the lesson, consider having any conversations with the student outside of the vehicle, where physical distancing can be more easily maintained.
- Ask students to wash or sanitize their hands before entering the vehicle, where possible. Provide the students with hand sanitizer before they enter the vehicle.
- Ensure that physical distancing is maintained wherever possible throughout the lesson, including any required pre-trip inspections or for demonstrations of pre-trip activities or tasks.
- Open windows whenever possible to increase fresh air ventilation while parked and driving, and ensure that the fresh air intake is open so that the air in the car is not being recirculated.
- Encourage wearing masks to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Develop a cleaning and disinfecting procedure. Ensure high-touch surfaces such as the steering wheel, seat belts, driving controls, gear lever, windows, keys, seats and door handles are cleaned and disinfected between lessons. Consider allowing more time between lessons to ensure adequate time for cleaning the vehicle.
- Provide a means of disposal within the vehicle for cleaning supplies, wipes, and used masks.